If you were asked where your coffee at your Atlanta office comes from you may say Starbucks, Peet’s or the donut shop you stop at on the way to the office. Chances are you wouldn’t say Colombia. But with Colombia being the leading producer of mild washed Arabica coffee beans in the world there’s a very high chance that that’s exactly where your coffee came from.
In October of this year the Colombian Coffee Growers Federation announced that coffee production hit record highs for the first time in six years, with an increased in production of over 43%, resulting in the harvesting of 8.6 million bags of coffee.
This rise in production coincides with a rise in exportation (in the last twelve months foreign sales have increased by 26%), sales which are primarily going to specialty coffees.
- has the second highest level of biodiversity in the world after . While the country only covers 0.8% of the world’s surface it manages to be house to over 10% of the planet’s biodiversity.
- women are often voted the most beautiful in the world. It’s little surprise with famous celebrities such as Sofía Vergara, Shakira, and Danna García flying the flag. No wonder Colombia is one of the happiest countries in the world according to the .
- Colombia produces 60% of the world’s most expensive Emeralds.
- Experts believe that 3000 out of the 14000 spices of butterflies are found in Colombia.
- There are more fruits in Colombia than days in the year.
- Coffee plants in Colombia are not native to Colombia. Many come from Africa.
- Colombia is the size of California and Texas combined.
- Being in the middle of the planet, on the Equator, Colombia enjoys sunlight all year round. The climate varies from the tropical heat on the coasts, to the perpetual snows of the mountains. Because of its geographic location, Colombia has no seasons, but rather a dry period and a rainy period with temperatures being stable throughout most of the year.
Call Eagle Vending today at (770) 426-1969 for a free consultation on your vending and office coffee needs at your Atlanta location.
Sources are from: liveandinvestoverseas.com, mollyinsouthamerica.wordpress.com 10-facts-about.com and http://ecotet.com/